Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sofia-isms

Some things that Sofia has said or done lately. I usually use them as my Facebook statuses so I'm just going to copy them to here. She cracks me up. :)

*Sofia (looking at a picture of herself at 2 mos. old): Who that Mommy? Me: That's you as a baby. Sofia: Ohhhh, cute! Then she gave the pic a kiss.

*Now Sofia is taking the picture I mentioned earlier for a ride on her scooter around the house saying, "C'mon baby, c'mon. Let's go. You're home."


*Me (after taking off Sofia's shoes and socks): Pew Sofia, your feet stink! (just kidding her) Sofia: Mell, mell, Mommy! (while putting her foot in my face) Me: Ew, yuck! No way! I'm not smelling your feet. Sofia: Pease, Mommy! Mell, mell.


This next one was at the beginning of October and all we had were gray, rainy days for weeks:

*Yesterday Sofia asked, "Mommy, where the sun?" I said, "It's hiding behind the clouds today." She replied, "I wanna see sun!". Me too, pumpkin. Me too.


*The other night something upset Sofia, so she started crying her fake cry. I said, "Sofia, don't worry. It'll be ok." To which she replied, "No Mommy! I crying!" Well I guess it's your party...

*
I had just gotten done with Sofia's hair. I said, "Okay, let me see." She turned to me and said, "I'm perfect." Hmmm, I may have to teach her the art of humility.

*
Last night Sofia patted my cheek and said, "Aww, Mommy, I wuv you too." Then she gave me a big hug. She's right, she is perfect. :)

*
Another Sofia-ism: We were stopped at the intersection by Don's Car Wash on 13th. Sofia: Hmmm, that's weird. Me: What's weird? Sofia: Don's Car Wash. Me: Do you remember being there with Grandpa and Grandma? Sofia: Yup. ~~ I don't know why she thought it was weird, but I do think it's funny she remembered it being "Don's" car wash, not just a car wash.

*
On Saturday after trick-or-treating Sofia said, "Mommy, I go to sleep." A little bit in shock, I asked, "You want to go to sleep?!?" She said, "Yeah, I tired." She must have been exhausted because she hates going to sleep.

*
Perry, the pumpkin, is still with us. Sofia carries him around like a baby, telling him how cute he is, patting him on the back, and giving him hugs. I think she may get her eccentricities from her mother.

*
The other night Sofia was squatting on the dining room floor and holding a splatter guard close to her face, like she was trying to see the floor through it. I asked her what she was doing. She replied, "Looking for footprints." My own little CSI.

*
Last night while we were eating supper, Sofia came over and crushed a cracker into my soup (which I never do). Then she said, "You're welcome Mommy." While I just looked at her, wondering why she had done that, she said, "Mommy. You're welcome." When I finally thanked her, she smiled at me like she'd done me the greatest favor in the world, then walked away.

I'm sure there will be more along the way. People kept telling me to write them down; I figured this was the next best thing. I'll record them as I hear them. :)

0 comments: