Thursday, February 23, 2012

First Haircut

I knew it had to happen sometime, but I'm glad I wasn't actually there to witness it. I had my Mom take Sofia to Ione's to have her first haircut. Now, I know that not a whole lot was cut off. I just requested to make her hair a little more even. Sofia's has naturally wavy hair, and it had become impossible to comb through when it was wet. No amount of de-tangler could tackle it. So, after some reasoning with her, Sofia agreed to a trim. I think the idea of getting her hair cut saddened her more than it did me. Once Ione had it combed out, she evened it up. She said that there really wasn't that much to actually cut since it was so wispy. But, still, it was hair that she'd had since she was born, so I guess that's why I was so sentimental about it. But, Ione kindly saved it in a Ziploc for me, so I still have it. Even though bagged hair kind of creeps me out, but still...

0 comments: