Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Ugh. Time.

Since I basically write this blog for myself, skipping posts for the last several months is probably no big deal. But, I did want this whole thing for my own posterity, and I've failed miserably. The truth is: I don't have time. Weak, I know. Actually, it's more, I don't want to make time. I work 4 days a week, with Wednesdays off. I have my weekends off. But, I like my free time to be spent with the people I love. And, uploading photos to this site is time-consuming, and that bugs me. But, I think I'm going to try to do better. I've got 2 kiddos now, and you would hardly know it by the look of this site. Actually, by the look of this site, it appears our family has fallen off the earth. To quick update, Sofia is 5. She'll soon be finishing Kindergarten (sob) and turning 6 in June. She is a dictionary of words, and she uses them correctly. She loves school, but I think she's burnt out. She is SO ready for summer vacation. She is one of the happiest people (old or young) that I've ever met. She's got a soft heart, but can be stubborn. She loves people, but values her alone time. She LOVES dinosaurs. I can't even explain how much she loves them. And, she loves Mario Brothers. Her conversation usually revolves around one or the other, although she can sometimes work them both in. She is just the greatest kid in the world. I haven't met too many people that haven't fallen in love with her as soon as they've met her. She's been surrounded by love her whole life, and she gives all of it right back. She truly is the sweetest little girl you'll ever meet. I may be biased, but I do think it's true. My favorite little boy, Jacob, turned 8 months old on April 18th. He's a bruiser. His weight isn't extreme, he's just solid. And, tall. His smiles light up my day. And, although he was (and still can be) moody when he was littler, he is usually so happy. He's a ham. He doesn't crawl yet, but can get around if he needs to. Which he doesn't, because people are more than happy to carry him around. No teeth yet, but Sofia didn't get her first one until around 15 months, so I expect the same from him. And, he babbles constantly. Lots of da-da-da, ma-ma-ma and other nonsensical words. If he keeps talking the way he does as he gets older, he's going to out-talk Sofia. And, I didn't think that was possible. Compared to Sofia, he's been a difficult baby. But, take that with a grain of salt. Sofia was the easiest baby ever. No lie. Jacob is just a normal baby. But, so lovable. He loves to give hugs and big, sloppy kisses. He always has a smile ready for you and laughs so easily. Just a happy baby. I just love to kiss those cheeks and squeeze him. He's getting too big too fast, but I'm trying to soak it all up while I can. So, I better wrap up for now. I'll try to do better in the future. I promise.

0 comments: