Friday, June 8, 2007

39 Weeks

I had my 39 weeks' checkup yesterday. I met with the nurse practitioner again. Everything is good. The baby's heartbeat was in the 130's and was still headdown. I was dilated just a little bit. Not much, but it's progress I guess. So, not a whole lot has changed since last week. When I went to make my week 40 appointment, my doctor was still all booked up. They scheduled me with the NP again, but they made sure my appointment coincided with him being at the clinic. They figured the NP and he could get together to discuss me if I haven't delivered by that time. But, today when I got to work, the girl at the clinic called me and said my doctor had a cancellation next Wednesday and I could see him if I wanted. I didn't hesitate to say yes. If I'm going to have to be induced, I want my doctor to tell me to my face instead of having someone else do it over the phone. And, next Wednesday is my due date, so that works out just fine by me. Maybe the baby will decide to make its appearance before then, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Not that I could. I've developed a cold since last week and have been so stuffed up. But, the heartburn has gotten a little better. Still feeling really well also, aside from the cold. Anyhow, taking it one day at a time. 5 days until my due date!

0 comments: