Sunday, April 13, 2008

Benefit For The MACC

Last night, Lee, Sofia, and I attended a benefit concert for the MACC. Bob Schutt, Dianne Nelson, Kelsey (Ellefson) Dodd, Rode Hard and Put Up Wet, and The Wild Oats all performed. It was the first time The Wild Oats had performed in 18 years. I think they got a larger than expected crowd, which was awesome. The music was great, and all the performers were wonderful. I was especially excited to see Rode Hard play again. I was a bit of a "groupie" back in the day. :) The real excitement was The Wild Oats. The audience was really into it, and they had a large crowd out dancing too. "Elvis" even showed up, and let me just say, the girls went crazy. I think we can say the whole night was a huge success. The only sad thing, though, is that the founder of the two bands, Randy Asche, passed away 8 years ago. He would have loved it. But, I think Randy was looking down on the whole thing and smiling.

I tried to take some pictures. They're not the greatest, but it was the best I could do. I don't exactly have mad camera skills.

Kelsey (Ellefson) Dodd


Bob Schutt (sorry I cut him off) and Dianne Nelson


Rode Hard and Put Up Wet


The Wild Oats (a bit blurry)


The Wild Oats again (well, mostly Carl)

0 comments: